Best destination for Honeymoon in May

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Sasha Gladian, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Sasha Gladian

Sasha Gladian New Member

Hello to all! I'm Sasha Gladian, 25 years old. I recently got married, my hubby Sam and I, we are planning our honeymoon trip to India but don’t have any idea about best places to see and hotel to stay. I want some good recommendations from the guys who has already been there. Suggest me best, as I want this trip to be perfect and memorable.
    Time that we are planning to spend on our trip is 20-30 days, and we recommend to stay in 5-star hotels, but in a case of food we will prefer both street and restaurant flavors

2. Marco Antonio

Marco Antonio New Member

Hey Sasha,

20 to 30 days sounds great! You want your trip to be perfect like what you said. I might have something to suggest that would cut your travel expenses but not compromising the quality of what you're getting especially on your 5-star hotel accommodation during your planned honeymoon.
    For example; 5-star Shangri La’s Eros Hotel in New Delhi India valued around USD130-180/night but we could get it for like less than USD100/night. OR Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi(5-star) valued around USD130+/night but we could get it for just USD65+/night. I would love to show you how. I'm pretty sure you would love this. :)

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Month of May is ideal for stay in the Northern part of India where the weather is cooler and if you are lucky you could also see a bit of snow.
    I would suggest Kashmir, Shimla and Kullu/Manali. And yes. There is no dearth of 5 star hotels in all these places. For street food you could try Delhi which anyway you would have to pass through to reach these destination.

4. Wonderer

Wonderer New Member

With 20-30 days and a desire for a mix of luxury and local experiences, India is the perfect destination for your honeymoon! Here are some possible itineraries that you can customize based on your interests:

The Classic North: Palaces, Forts, and Mountain Charm
    • Destinations: Agra (Taj Mahal), Jaipur (Amber Fort, Hawa Mahal), Amritsar (Golden Temple), Shimla (hill station), Rishikesh (yoga and adventure)
    • Duration: 20 days

• Hotels: The Oberoi Amarvilas Agra (Agra), Rambagh Palace (Jaipur), Taj Palace Amritsar (Amritsar), Viceroy's House (Shimla), Ananda in the Himalayas (Rishikesh)

• Activities: Explore the iconic Taj Mahal, wander through the vibrant markets of Jaipur, visit the spiritual Golden Temple, take in the mountain beauty of Shimla, and experience the peace and rejuvenation of Rishikesh.
    Kerala Backwaters & Beaches: Lush Greenery, Houseboats & Tranquility

• Destinations: Kovalam (beach), Munnar (hill station), Alleppey (backwaters), Marari Beach
    • Duration: 25 days
    • Hotels: The Leela Kovalam (Kovalam), Taj Munnar (Munnar), Coconut Lagoon (Alleppey), The Malabar House (Marari Beach)
    • Activities: Relax on the pristine beaches of Kovalam, soak in the beauty of the Munnar hills, cruise through the lush backwaters of Alleppey, and enjoy the serenity of Marari Beach.

Andaman & Nicobar Islands: Pristine Beaches and Island Paradise

• Destinations: Port Blair (capital), Havelock Island (Radhanagar Beach), Neil Island, Baratang Island (bioluminescent bay)
    • Duration: 20 days
    • Hotels: Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Andaman (Port Blair), Sea Shell Havelock (Havelock Island), Neil Island Beach Resort (Neil Island), The Ferrer's Park (Baratang Island)
    • Activities: Dive into the crystal-clear waters of Radhanagar Beach, explore the rainforests of Havelock Island, discover the natural beauty of Neil Island, and witness the mesmerizing bioluminescent bay at night on Baratang Island.
    • These are just a starting point, and you can definitely mix and match these destinations or explore other regions of India like Rajasthan, the Northeast, or Goa based on your interests.

Here are some additional tips for planning your honeymoon in India:

The best time to visit India depends on the region you choose. In general, the cooler months (October to March) are considered ideal for most of India. However, hill stations like Shimla are best enjoyed in the summer months (April to June). Kerala enjoys a pleasant climate year-round, but the monsoon season (June to September) can bring heavy rain.

Booking flights and hotels in advance is especially important during peak season (October to March)

Consider hiring a driver or guide to help you navigate the country, especially if you are not familiar with India.

Pack light, loose-fitting clothing made from natural fabrics like cotton. India is a conservative country, so it is best to avoid revealing clothing, especially in religious places.

Be prepared for bargaining in markets and with street vendors.

Learn a few basic Hindi phrases to help you communicate with locals. Most people in the tourist areas will speak some English, but a little effort goes a long way.

Tipping is not expected in India, but it is always appreciated. A small tip (₹50-₹100) is customary for good service.

With careful planning and an open mind, you are sure to have a honeymoon in India that you will cherish forever!