Best holiday destination in India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Aarti, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Aarti

Aarti New Member

I am going to visit grandparents in my hometown where my roots are from in India. I will be spending some time with them and visiting some of the nearby places with them.

Other than my hometown I can go to one other destination and I would like to know which is the best holiday destination in India, where I can go.

I don't have any boundaries to where I can go so please be open to your opinions.

2. pravish

pravish Member

If your native is on the northern side you may visit Ladakh. It's a beautiful destination for a road trip. Ladakh is also known as " Little Tibet". It has a vast mountain range with snow peaks all along. It has beautiful lakes and a vast expanse of barren valleys. The weather in this region is usually clear and cold. So make sure you take some warm clothing during your visit. A few must see places in Ladakh are Nurba Valley, Lamayuru Monastery, Pangong Lake and Shanti Stupa. This place also has the highest motorable road in the world called the Khardung La Pass which takes you to Nurba Valley. Trust me, this place is a paradise within itself.

3. TiaraSy

TiaraSy New Member

I saw a wonderful brochure recently about Kashmir, the original 'Paradise on Earth'. You could visit the Kashmir Valley, see the mountains and see nature at its very best. The pictures of this place are majestic and awe-inspiring. I think that to be so close to nature and witness such beauty would be anyone's dream. There are also a lot of activities that you can do there like trekking, boating, bird-watching and so much more.

4. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

It is important that you tell us which month you will be visiting India as just now it is raining heavily in most parts of India.
    Having said that I would still recommend Goa, as Goa in the rains is a place one should visit. It has many beaches, great hotels, and lots to see and great food
    . A ride on the Mandovi river is something that no one misses. It is usually organised in the evenings. The organisers have a programme outlined with lots of dancing and music. The hotel where you stay could also organise outings for you to cover the whole of Goa.
    There are dry areas in the month of June/July but not knowing your taste it is difficult to recommend.