Best place to visit in India during the monsoon season.

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by verma95, Jul 16, 2024.

1. verma95

verma95 New Member

I'm trying to plan a trip during the monsoon season and am looking for recommendations on the best places to visit.

I have no issues regarding where the destination is, as I can travel where ever it may be in India, but the destination should be amazing and I hoping for something different.

2. Deven

Deven Member

The monsoon season in India transforms the country into a lush green paradise, with waterfalls cascading down mountainsides and rivers overflowing their banks. Here are a few off-the-beaten-path destinations that are particularly amazing during the monsoon:

• Shillong, Meghalaya: Nicknamed the "Scotland of the East", Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya, a state in northeastern India renowned for its stunning natural beauty. During the monsoon, the rolling hills of Shillong come alive with a vibrant green hue, and the numerous waterfalls in the region, like Elephant Falls and Shillong Falls, become even more spectacular. You can also explore the nearby caves like the Mawlynnong caves or go for a trek through the David Scott Botanical Garden.

• Wayanad, Kerala: Nestled in the Western Ghats of Kerala, Wayanad is a haven for nature lovers. The monsoon season brings the lush hills and forests of Wayanad to life, with cascading waterfalls, emerald green plantations, and mist-shrouded mountains. You can go for a trek through the Chembra Peak Wildlife Sanctuary, explore the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, or visit one of the many spice plantations in the region.

• Coorg, Karnataka: Often referred to as the "Scotland of India", Coorg is a hill station located in the Western Ghats of Karnataka. The monsoon season transforms Coorg into a breathtaking landscape of rolling hills, lush coffee plantations, and cascading waterfalls. You can go for a plantation tour, visit the Dubare elephant sanctuary, or trek through the dense forests.

These are just a few ideas to get you started. With a little research, you're sure to find the perfect monsoon getaway in India. Here are some additional tips for planning your trip:
    • Be sure to pack for rain and humidity.
    • Check the weather conditions before you go, as some areas can experience heavy monsoon rains.
    • Be aware of landslides and flooding, which can sometimes occur during the monsoon season.
    • Book your accommodation in advance, as popular destinations can fill up quickly during the monsoon season.
    I hope this helps you plan your amazing monsoon adventure in India!