Bhangarh Fort In Rajasthan

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Sammie, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Sammie

Sammie Member

One of the points of interest we would like to see is Bhangarh Fort in Rajasthan. Built in the 17th century, the Fort is said to be haunted, this peaked my interest. They also say no one is allowed to stay at the fort between sunset and sunrise. I read that people who stay in the Fort at night have disappeared. Sounds like an interesting place to visit. Has anyone travel to the Fort?

2. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

I came to learn about this fort from a documentary aired in Discovery Channel. Ever since I sw the fort in TV, I have a feeling to visit the place. Can somebody share the haunting stories from this fort.

3. swalia

swalia Guest

It's not allowed to stay there after sunset. There has been a board put up by the government warning the visitors. I wonder who would want to risk their lives by staying their at night even after reading the warning!

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

I have been to Bhangarh a few times and I never met a ghost there but it is an interesting place to visit with a few very beautiful temples with excellent art work. I posted a thread about Bhangarh fort some time back along with plenty of pictures that you can have a look at.

5. Prits

Prits Member

Bhangarh Fort in Rajasthan is indeed famous for its haunted reputation, and many stories and legends surround it. The fort, built in the 17th century, is situated in the Alwar region of Rajasthan and is known for its architectural beauty as well as the eerie tales associated with it.

While the fort does attract tourists curious about its haunted history, it's essential to note that the stories about people disappearing or paranormal activities are largely based on local legends and folklore. From a historical perspective, the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has put up a board at the fort's entrance, warning visitors not to enter the premises before sunrise and after sunset.

The restriction on staying overnight is primarily a precautionary measure to ensure the safety of visitors because the fort is in a state of ruin, and there might be potential risks associated with staying there in the dark. It is not meant to prevent supernatural occurrences.

Many travelers do visit Bhangarh Fort to experience its historical ambiance and to explore the mystery and intrigue associated with it. If you plan to visit, it's advisable to follow local guidelines, respect the historical site, and be cautious about safety measures, especially if you're interested in exploring during the restricted hours.

As for personal experiences, you might find travel forums, blogs, or reviews from other visitors who have shared their insights about their visit to Bhangarh Fort. Keep in mind that opinions may vary, and some visitors may approach it purely as a historical site, while others may be more interested in the ghostly legends.