Health regulations

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Norjak71, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 New Member

Is there any health regulations that one should know about before traveling to India? As far as shots or any other illnesses that one might catch when visiting there? It's been a dream of mine to go but I'm worried that I don't have all the information and I'm hoping that someone that has been there can shine some more light on this. Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.

2. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I am not sure if things have changed, but when I traveled there a couple of years ago there was just a couple of vaccines that they gave me and it was quick and painless. I know that was one just a booster shot for tetanus and then I think that there was something else in there but I cannot even remember. I might not have gone about it in the most professional manner though, now that I think about it. Just do your research and consult your physician and you should be fine.

3. dane

dane New Member

Yea came to ask about this, has anyone NOT gotten the vaccinations? or is it a must do thing before travelling to india, I've heard of people getting food poisoning etc but not actual diseases, of course I've only talked to a small fraction of people have gone through India.

4. Normad

Normad New Member

I got a couple of shots from my doctor when I traveled to India last year. I should have listened more closely what they were for, but I'm quite sure that you do need to have some kind of vaccination before you leave for your trip. Your doctor should be able to explain everything to you. Make sure you get fully protected before you take your trip, you don't want your trip to be spoiled by something you could have avoided.