How far is Ajanta from Vadodra ?

Discussion in 'West India' started by RajeshJaiswal, Jul 15, 2015.

1. RajeshJaiswal

RajeshJaiswal New Member

I would like to go and visit the Ajanta caves in Ajanta and would like to travel there by car from Vadodra. I need to know what the distance is between the two destinations and how long the journey would take in an Hyundai i20?

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

The distance between the two places is 480km, which by car would mean you have to travel between 8 - 9 hours.

3. RajeshJaiswal

RajeshJaiswal New Member

Quite a journey then, what would you suggest the best way to get there is?

4. Shaila

Shaila New Member

Travelling by car would be fine, I have done the same journey with my family except the car was different. It is not a difficult journey and you can always stop over at places, just make sure you leave at a good time between 6am - 9am.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

As what has been said, the distance between Vadodara and Ajanta is about 489 kms via NH48 and NH53. With this route, you can reach Ajanta in about 9 hours or more. It depends on the day you leave and how many stopovers you take.

If you take the GJ SH 160 route, it is about 443 kms. This is a shorter route and can take roughly 9 hours or less to cover the distance by car.

If you take the MP SH 26 route, it's going to be 505.1 kms. This one's the longest route and can take about 10 hours to cover the distance by car.

The best transportation option would be via car. This long journey can be quite uncomfortable in a bus or a train. Since you have the car anyway, I'd suggest to just use that for reaching Ajanta from Vadodara.

As for the best route, I'd suggest the one via NH48 and NH53. This route has tolls though so you'd have to pay extra. But it's the most safe and reliable route. Here's the exact details of the route:
    • Vadodara > Por > Karjan > Nabipur > Ankleshwar > Kamrej > Bardoli > Songadh > Gangapur > Dahivel > Dhule > Mhasva > Erandol > Nori > Vakod > Ajanta.
    Possible stopovers can be at Kamrej and at Dahivel. You can even divide journey into two days. But it's also possible to finish it on one day. Just make sure you leave early so you can reach Ajanta by early evening.

I hope this helps!:)

Admin likes this.