How To Check Flight Status?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Yash Sinha, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yash Sinha

Yash Sinha New Member

I am going to Abu Dhabi from Delhi Airport on the 20th January, and as there have been so many delays and flight cancellations I want to keep up to date on my flight status. I would like to know how to check my flight status, so I can know before reaching the airport whether my flight is delayed or cancel or departing on time.

I have noticed that when checking from the airline website its not always updated and sometimes the required page doesn't load.

2. Karan

Karan Member

Hi Yash, due to the weather conditions many flights get delayed and some canceled. I personally find the best way to check the flight status is by typing the flight number into the Google search bar and the flight status will appear.

The other option is by visiting the New Delhi Airport website to find out the flight status for all flights arriving at Delhi airport and departing from Delhi Airport.

If your flight is delayed or canceled it is always a good idea to call the airline customer service to double check the status.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Open Google home page and enter your flight number followed by flight status and you should get latest information. There is also a link to official website underneath the results which you can click to check status from the official website whichever it may be. In case of a delay or cancellation it is best to check the official website instead of depending on Googles results.

4. Prits

Prits Member

Keeping track of your flight status is a smart move to stay informed about any potential delays or cancellations. Here are a few reliable ways to check your flight status for your journey from Delhi Airport to Abu Dhabi:

1. Airline Website/App: While you mentioned some issues with airline websites, they are still a good place to start. Try visiting the website of the airline you're flying with and look for the "Flight Status" or "Manage My Booking" section. You can enter your flight details or booking reference to check the status.

2. Flight Tracking Websites: You can use independent flight tracking websites FlightStats or even Google search. These platforms provide real-time flight tracking and status updates. Simply enter your flight number and departure date to get the information you need.

3. Flight Tracking Apps: Download a flight tracking app to your smartphone. Apps like FlightAware, FlightRadar24, and the official app of the airline you're flying with often provide real-time flight status updates, including delays and cancellations. You can receive notifications directly to your phone.

4. Airport Website: Delhi Airport (Indira Gandhi International Airport) has its official website. You can check your flight's status under the "Flights" or "Passenger Info" section. They typically provide real-time updates on departures, arrivals, and any delays.

5. Flight Status Hotline: Many airlines have a dedicated flight status hotline or phone number that you can call to inquire about your flight's status. Check the airline's website or contact their customer service for this information.

6. Social Media: Some airlines use their social media accounts (such as Twitter) to provide real-time updates on flight status. You can follow the airline's official account for announcements and notifications.

7. Email and SMS Notifications: If you booked your ticket online, you may have the option to sign up for email or SMS notifications regarding flight status. Check your booking confirmation or the airline's website for this feature.

8. Airport Information Desks: Once you're at Delhi Airport, you can visit an information desk or inquire at the airline's check-in counter for the latest flight status information.
    It's a good practice to check your flight status periodically leading up to your departure, especially on the day of your flight, as conditions can change. By using a combination of these methods, you can stay well-informed about your flight's status and plan your journey accordingly. Safe travels!

5. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

The easiest way is either to go to Google and type in your flight number or simply visit the airport page and check the live departures.