How To Check Visa Status?

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Minu, Sep 13, 2024.

1. Minu

Minu New Member

I recently applied for a visa to United Kingdom and would like to check its current status. What are the most reliable and efficient ways to track the progress of my visa application? Are there any specific online portals, government websites, or mobile apps I can use? What information will I need to provide to check the status, such as my application ID, passport number, or other details? Are there any fees associated with checking the visa status? Additionally, if my visa has been approved, what steps should I take next to obtain it and prepare for my trip?

2. Karan

Karan Member

To check the status of your UK visa application, you can use the following methods:

Online Portal:
    • UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Website: This is the official government website for UK visa applications. You can create an account and track the status of your application using your application ID and passport number.
    Mobile App:
    • UKVI App: The UKVI app provides a convenient way to check your visa application status on your smartphone.
    Information Required:

To check your visa status, you will need to provide the following information:
    • Application ID: This is a unique number assigned to your visa application.
    • Passport Number: Your passport number is also required.
    Fees:

There are no fees associated with checking your UK visa application status.

Steps after Approval:

If your visa application is approved, you will typically receive a notification via email or through the UKVI website or app. You can then collect your passport with the visa attached from the Visa Application Centre (VAC) where you submitted your application.

Additional Tips:
    • Check Regularly: It's recommended to check your visa status regularly for updates.
    • Allow Processing Time: Visa processing times can vary, so be patient and allow sufficient time for your application to be processed.
    By following these steps, you can effectively track the progress of your UK visa application and be prepared for your trip.