How To Prevent Mosquito Bites?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Katie, May 16, 2019.

1. Katie

Katie New Member

I am soon to be going on holiday to India with my boyfriend and we are very much looking forward to it. One of the concerning issues I have is mosquito bites. Someone we know got some mosquito bites, and it got a bit severe with the itching and redness.

I would like some advice from the people living in India on whats the best way to prevent mosquito bites?

2. Deven

Deven Member

Hi Katie, welcome to the forum!

In order to prevent mosquito bites, there is a number of things you can do.

The most obvious prevention from mosquito bites is mosquito repellent. Apply this every 4 hours, as after 4 hours it wears off. These days you get repellent which is a roll-on which is applied to clothes direct or you can use the usual repellent lotions or creams.
    Next thing that you can do is wear full-length sleeves and bottoms, to avoid getting bitten on the arms and legs. Hands and feet would be effective, but it is less likely that you would be bitten on the hands because hands usually keep moving.
    During the night along with mosquito repellent, it is also a good idea to have the repellents that you plugin, so that any mosquitos present in the room would be killed.

Hope you have a great holiday and a mosquito bite free holiday ;)

3. Kate Collins

Kate Collins Member

There are a lot of mosquito repellents being sold nowadays

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Best way to prevent mosquito bites is to have a mosquito net at night for your bed and during the day you can use a mosquito repellant. Best to avoid mosquito season if you ask me, especially for Goa and Kerala.