How To Prevent Mosquito?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Kiran, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Kiran

Kiran New Member

My family and I will be arriving in India during the month of April. Along with my will be my small kids and what is concerning me the most is the number of mosquitoes there are in India, and I also am aware that as the weather gets warmer the number of mosquitoes will also increase.

I would like some advice on how to prevent mosquitoes from coming inside a room or the house?

2. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

As soon as the temperature starts rising in India the number of mosquitos increases, and it gets dangerous when there is dengue and chikungunya which is caused by mosquitos.

The first thing I would recommend is to use a good mosquito repellent on your skin and make sure you reapply it every 4-5 hours. In India, there is a repellent fabric roll which I find is quite effective, you only need to use four dots of it on your clothes and that's it.

I personally find that the mosquito repellent plugins are not that successful and at times don't do much to prevent mosquitos entering the room, but there is no harm in using it.

Marigolds are supposed to be mosquito repellents, I have not personally tried this method but what you could do is keep a few marigold plants in your room or just outside it. It's worth a try!

3. Karan

Karan Member

I would strongly recommend using a mosquito net one of the best and safest ways to prevent mosquitos. Also, avoid wearing dark colored clothes which mosquitos are attracted to the most.