How To Reach Bhutan From Guwahati?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Rishima, May 2, 2018.

1. Rishima

Rishima New Member

I am from Delhi and I know that the distance between Delhi and Bhutan is a lot, plus the flights are very expensive.
    I will soon be visiting my cousins in Bhutan, and was wondering whether it would be a good idea to go to Bhutan from there!

It would be great if someone can guide me on how to reach Bhutan from Guwahati?

2. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

Since there are no direct flights from Guwahati to Bhutan, you can take a bus or hire a car to reach Bhutan. The journey by road takes about 10 hours and 42 minutes.

More details on how to reach Bhutan from Guwahati:

By Road:
    • This is the most common and economical way to reach Bhutan from Guwahati.

• The journey takes about 10 hours and 42 minutes by car.

• You can either take a bus or hire a car to reach Bhutan.

By Bus:

• There are several government and private buses that operate between Guwahati and Samdrup Jongkhar, the nearest town in Bhutan from Guwahati.
    • The journey by bus is usually longer than by car, as buses make more stops. However, it is a more affordable option.
    • Tickets can be purchased at the Guwahati bus station.
    By Car:

• Hiring a car is a more convenient option, especially if you are traveling with a group.
    • Several car rental companies operate in Guwahati.
    • Make sure to choose a car that has a permit to enter Bhutan. You can inquire about this with the car rental company.

Things to keep in mind:
    • Bhutan Visa: You will need a visa to enter Bhutan. You can apply for a visa online or at the Bhutanese embassy or consulate in India.
    • Road Permit: If you are driving into Bhutan, you will need a road permit. This can be obtained at the border crossing.
    • Currency Exchange: The currency of Bhutan is the Ngultrum (Nu.). You can exchange Indian Rupees (INR) for Ngultrum at banks or currency exchange shops in Bhutan.
    • I hope this information helps you plan your trip to Bhutan!