How To Reach Diu From Ahmedabad?

Discussion in 'Gujarat' started by KomalShah, Mar 23, 2018.

1. KomalShah

KomalShah New Member

I am going to my parents home place in Ahmedabad for a holiday. I have heard from many of my other friends that Diu is a great place to visit, and I was thinking maybe I should visit the place as it seems so popular.

I would like to know how to reach Diu from Ahmedabad?

2. Karan

Karan Member

Diu is definitely a great place to visit and if you are nearby you shouldn't miss the chance to visit the destination.

The distance between Ahmedabad and Diu is 360 km and there are three ways that you can reach Diu from Ahmedabad, by train, bus or taxi.

Ahmedabad to Diu by train
    There is no direct train from Ahmedabad to Diu. From Ahmedabad, you would need to get a train to Somnath. Once at Somnath you would then need to get either a bus or taxi to Diu. The distance from Somnath to Diu is 85km and it would take you just over 2 hours to reach.

Ahmedabad to Diu by bus
    There are eleven buses which run daily from Ahmedabad to Diu. The duration of the journey would be around seven hours and the minimum ticket cost is Rs310, but can be higher depending on which bus you get as there are many different buses which go on this route.

Ahmedabad to Diu by taxi
    Getting a taxi from Ahmedabad to Diu would be one of the most convenient and easiest ways of reaching Diu but it is the costliest out of the three options. A 4 seater like an Indica or Swift would cost you a fare of Rs6600. The cost would increase if you get a bigger car.