How to Travel to Andaman Nicobar Islands?

Discussion in 'Andaman and Nicobar Islands' started by LisaPac, Jul 18, 2023.

1. LisaPac

LisaPac New Member

Morning everyone, I am currently living in India and a place I want to visit is Andaman Nicobar Islands, from what I have heard its that I need a visa to go to the islands. Can someone please verify this for me?

Also, another main question is how can I travel to Andaman Nicobar Islands?

2. Karan

Karan Member

There are three ways to travel to Andaman Nicobar Islands and that is by air, sea, and the latest way by train.

By Air

The Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair is the only airport in Andaman Nicobar Islands. There are direct flights from Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Mumbai, and Vishakhapatnam. Flights from other cities in India may require a connecting flight.

By Sea

There are ferries and ships that sail to Andaman Nicobar Islands from Kolkata, Chennai, and Vishakhapatnam. The journey by ferry takes about 3 days, while the journey by ship takes about 5 days.
    Once you arrive in Andaman Nicobar Islands, you can get around by car, bus, or taxi. There are also ferries that connect the different islands.

By Train

This new way of traveling by train will have a new route that will connect Diglipur and Port Blair and will be a 240 km-long railway line with stations and bridges located by the coast. So overall the train journey is something more of a scenic type. And the train journey to Andaman will save you around 3 hours of travel time.

3. Nysaa

Nysaa New Member

Do you have an idea of the duration of the train journey?

4. Deven

Deven Member

The train journey from Diglipur to Port Blair is not possible because there are no train services on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a group of islands in the Bay of Bengal, and they are not connected to the Indian mainland by rail.

To travel between Diglipur and Port Blair, you would typically use other modes of transportation, such as ferries or flights. Ferries are a common way to travel between the islands, and there are regular ferry services that operate between Diglipur and Port Blair. The duration of the ferry journey can vary depending on the type of ferry and sea conditions, but it typically takes several hours.

If you prefer a faster mode of transportation, you can also consider taking a flight between Diglipur and Port Blair. The Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair is the main airport serving the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and there are domestic flights connecting it to Diglipur.

Please note that transportation schedules and availability may vary, so it's a good idea to check with local authorities or transportation providers for the most up-to-date information on travel between Diglipur and Port Blair.