Lockdown 3.0 Guidelines And Rules

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by DM Puri, May 3, 2020.

1. DM Puri

DM Puri New Member

I have been surfing the net and have been reading about lockdown 3.0 guidelines but have gotten even more confused as there different websites are giving different statements regarding the guidelines.

I needed some clarification regarding the new guidelines and rules for lockdown 3.0, and some brief information on what areas are under which color zone.

2. Shaila

Shaila New Member

I briefly know some things (as I live in Delhi) which I can share with you and other members of the forum will add to the details.

Red Zone

There will be a limited number of activities and businesses in red zones, which are metropolitan cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, etc (state/ city guidelines should be checked).

You are not allowed outside for non-essential activities between the hours of 7 pm - 7 am. (But you are allowed between 7 am - 7 pm)

Movement of cars is allowed but only for two passengers besides the driver. For two-wheelers only the rider and no pillion rider.

Public transport is not allowed, be it buses, metro, or rickshaws.

Essential and non-essential shops in the neighborhoods, stand-alone shops, and residential complexes are allowed to be opened.

Barbershops, salons, and spas to remain shut

Private offices can open but only with 33% of staff. In the government offices only operate with officers who are above and level to deputy secretary. Other staff shall be with 33% strength.

Private offices can operate with up to 33% of staff strength even in red zones. Government offices will function with officers of the level of deputy secretary and above, the remaining staff can operate with 33% strength.

Liquor shops will be open

3. Karan

Karan Member

Sorry to be a bit off-topic, but I personally believe that opening liquor shops and allowing to go out even if it is in certain timings is not a good idea at all. Look at the Covid-19 cases that have risen in the past couple of days since the new guidelines have been imposed, they have just spiked up.

Such permissions of going out and certain shops opening should have been done in another 2 weeks time and not now, when the cases had a good chance of coming down. Bad decision.

4. DM Puri

DM Puri New Member

Thanks for the reply Shaila, I did read it but never got round to replying as was caught up in work.

I suppose its time for a new topic now then Lockdown 4.0!

I too think it's a bad decision made by the government, which is slightly putting me off this party now but now looking at what the new plans maybe looks like it was planned to slowly and eventually open up all things.
    For the next lockdown phase, I still think that shops should not be allowed to open, as it would cause a havoc. Even now during lockdown 3.0, the roads are full of cars, and I seriously wonder where these people are all going or what use is it that they are just wondering on the roads. Some people I guess will never learn!