Long term accommodation in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by jimalone, Dec 31, 2014.

1. jimalone

jimalone New Member

Hi there,

I am just looking for some advice for some cheap accommodation for long term in Bangalore city. Which is the best place to look for something cheap and comfortable? I need to stay there for 6-8 weeks. I don't mind even if it is a small room with a nice and cozy bed and a clean washroom, for me price is the only factor and I do not want to spend a lot on stay. I have heard some parts of Bangalore are cheaper and many IT professionals live there in small apartments, how much do they pay and how safe the area is?

Ok, thanks for all your help

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

For that duration you should look at serviced apartments which are available to book on lots of online hotel booking portals. These apartments come in different sizes and also have a kitchenette which would help you reduce your food costs too. Such apartments are almost every where in Bangalore and available at very affordable prices as compared to hotels.

briannagodess likes this.

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There are some times some great deals on Airbnb that you could look at when you book for long durations but be sure to ask questions about the accommodation before you pay.

briannagodess likes this.
  4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

I think you've already got great answers here. Service apartments and accommodations through Airbnb are great options when finding cheaper places to stay in Bangalore. I'm just going to give you an overview of the prices of apartments in Bangalore. Here they are:

• Rent per month in a one bedroom unit in city centre: About Rs 13,942
    • Rent per month in a one bedroom unit outside of city centre: About Rs 8,405
    • Rent per month in a three bedroom unit in city centre: About Rs 34,945
    • Rent per month in a three bedroom unit outside of city centre: About Rs 21,807
    I'll also include the prices for monthly utilities:
    • For electricity, heating and water: About Rs 1,501
    • For unlimited data internet: About Rs 1,181
    The area is generally safe as Bangalore is one of the cities with the highest numbers of expats and tourists. They just need to stick to commercial areas and of course avoid odd and dark hours. Still, they need to exercise caution as it's easy to become targets of scams when you're a tourist.

I hope this helps!

Chahal likes this.