My Parents Are Stuck In India Due To Lock

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by TrishaP, Apr 26, 2020.

1. TrishaP

TrishaP New Member

Hi Everyone, I'm Trisha from the United Kingdom. My parents went to India during early March and were due to be back on 4th April but due to the lockdown, their flight was canceled. They are now stuck in India and are unable to get back home.

I have tried calling the British Consulate and they said they are sorting things out at their end, but the process is just so slow and apparently there is a waiting list!

I would like some help from someone from the forum, to know if there is anything else I can do to get my parents back home sooner.

Is anyone else or been in this situation lately? Please advice.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

There were some evacuation flights few weeks ago but ever since no international flights come in or go out except cargo planes bringing in medical supplies and taking out Pharma products to 150+ countries.

I believe it is best to wait until this lockdown is over on the 3rd of May and take a call at the time.

I hope they are safe and have no trouble getting daily needs and food etc. If they are facing problems they can call the cover 19 helpline number of the state which they are in and they will be taken care of.