Places to visit in Kumaon

Discussion in 'Uttarakhand' started by Sienna, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Sienna

Sienna New Member

I needed some guidance on places to visit in Kumaon. I won't be traveling as of yet due to the monsoons having started, but planning to visit in the month of October and November.

I wanted to plan out the trip according to the places to visit Kumaon. Although I have received some suggestions, but I only wanted to go to the places worth visiting or shall I say the best.

The more information about the place the better.

2. Karan

Karan Member

I went to Kumaon around 5 years ago and visited the following places. There may be more, but I personally found these places well worth the visit. Some say that its just the scenery, but someone who is interested in scenic views and nature will understand how different each destination is.

Pangot - Virgin Nature

Nainital - Queen Of Lakes

Mukteshwar - Lush Green Orchids

Pithoragarh - Peak Serenity

Munsiyari - Breathtaking Landscapes

Abbott Mount - Mesmerizing Beauty

Almora - Majestic Town

Chaukori - Simply Beautiful

3. Deven

Deven Member

I would just like to add something, out of the destinations mentioned above, I have visited Almora and Munsiyari, and to be very honest if you really want to enjoy Kumaon, its beauty and culture well then I wouldn't recommend visiting more than one place within a week. For my 10-day holiday, I only visited 2 destinations, and that way I was able to enjoy the destinations and their views thoroughly.