Places to visit near India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Renu, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Renu

Renu New Member

I want to go on holiday someplace which is outside of India, and I am not keen on going to some place far away but rather near to India.

I would like some suggestions on the places to visit near India.

Some places which came into mind are Dubai, Thailand, and Sri Lanka but I would like some more suggestions.

2. Keintucky

Keintucky New Member

Are you interested to visit in Bangladesh Cox's Bazar?

3. Renu

Renu New Member

Bangladesh is an option, but I have never thought of it as a holiday destination! What is Cox's Bazaar?

4. Keintucky

Keintucky New Member

It's a Larger Sea Beach in Bangladesh. Also there is a good place like Sundarban. You can try for it.

5. Sajay

Sajay New Member

A few countries you can visit:

1. Sri Lanka
    2. Bhutan
    3. Nepal
    4. Myanmar
    5. Cambodia
    6. Vietnam
    7. Indonesia
    8. Thailand

You can get in touch with me if you need any more help in planning a trip to any of these places.

6. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Others here have already given the list of countries that are in the vicinity of India. The closest I think would be Sri Lanka, Nepal, Sikkim and Bhutan. With the exception of Sri Lanka the other places that I have mentioned do not require a visa.

7. Renu

Renu New Member

Coming back to the forum after a long time, and thought I would give an update to my holiday. Since the time I had posted my query, I have been to two-holiday destinations outside of India, the first one was to Sri Lanka and the second was to Thailand. Both of these destinations seemed the right choice to visit as they are popular amongst travelers.

The other destinations mentioned in this thread were quite new and not much explored and I didn't want to take a risk of my first holiday abroad going wrong.

But for those who wish to know Thailand and Sri Lanka are both such amazing places to visit and a must on your destinations to visit list.