Popular shopping places in Amritsar

Discussion in 'North India' started by ShashiJain, Jul 12, 2015.

1. ShashiJain

ShashiJain New Member

I would like to know the popular shopping places in Amritsar, although the place is full of shops but it is always a good idea to get information on the popular places in the area so that you get the best and latest products. I would like to shop clothes, and the famous juttis so please provide the relevant information according to my needs.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Kapra market is one place to visit where you would find a lot of patiala salwars as well as the popular phulkari chunni's.
    Hall bazaar is the place where you would find alot of showrooms and shops which provide a lot of variety of clothes, a popular shop which I used to shop from is Singh Sarees which not only sell the traditional wear, but also ready made garments and saris.
    In the old city of Amritsar you would find a lot of tradional things there, and some tradional wear from clothes to jootis, I have not brought anything from there but it is a good place to look around and buy anything which appeals to you.

3. ShashiJain

ShashiJain New Member

Thanks Admin for the information. I have more question do you think it is better to buy suits and jootis from Amritsar or Patiala. I know someone who lives in Patiala so I will get to know the places to shop there. I need to know where I would get better choice and a better price for the things.

4. Voyager

Voyager New Member

I was doing some research on Amritsar because I will be visiting the city for seeing the Golden Temple. According to the information available there are many shopping areas in the city. I will be looking for shops near the Golden Temple since usually there are shops that sell gift items near tourist attractions.

5. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

What are the unique cultural goods of the city? I have a thought to buy something from every place I visit which helps embody the people and culture. Is there anything for Amritsar?