Shopping Advice

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by NishaKid, Aug 13, 2018.

1. NishaKid

NishaKid New Member

Hi....I will be in Delhi soon. I would like to know where can i get good buys on the following items:-

(1) leggings (button/designed at ankle) with shop/area names would be very helpful.
    (2) small pouch souveniers
    (3) silk thread & accessories (to make own bangles & necklace set)
    (4) cropped pants

Thank you
    Jessie

2. Prits

Prits Member

Delhi is a big city, you have not mentioned where exactly in Delhi you would be and without knowing this I can not recommend any specific places to get the things you require as it may be in the opposite side of Delhi.

Although when it comes to purchasing leggings and cropped pants you can get them from any market in Delhi. Some of the known shopping markets in Delhi are Sarojini Nagar market, Lajpat Nagar market, Rajouri Garden market and many others.

3. NishaKid

NishaKid New Member

I am sorry, Prits. Yes thats the area I wuld be in Lajpat Nagar.....Gurdwara Bangla sahib area for about 3 days. Please do advise accordingly. I would be saying inaround Pahargandj area

4. Prits

Prits Member

I would suggest you shop at Lajpat Nagar market, which is a very big market where you would find all the things you have mentioned. The other option is shopping in Sarojini Nagar market which is close to Bangla Sahib Gurdwara.

When visiting these markets you would find leggings, souvenirs, silk thread and accessories and also cropped pants. There is a lot of bargaining which goes on in these markets, so don't forget to bargain, and bring the prices down before you purchase.

5. NishaKid

NishaKid New Member

Thank you so much. These 2 markets are in my list. Thanx for the advise on bargaining, I will do that.