Some Important Helpline Numbers Which Can Be Of Use.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by travelguide, Sep 29, 2015.

1. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

Given below are some important hot-line numbers of India which can be useful for anybody in India:

Emergency Services
    Police - 100
    Ambulance - 102
    Fire - 101
    Telephone Enquiry - 197
    International Direct Dialing - 0-02

International Airports
    New Delhi - 2565021
    Mumbai - 26156600
    Kolkatta - 25119977
    Chennai - 2560289

Airlines
    Indian Airlines - 1600 180 1407
    Jet Airways - 1600 22 5522
    Spice Jet - 1600 180 3333

Indian Railway
    General - 131
    Reservation - 132
    Arrival - 133

Travel & Holidays
    Club Mahindra - 1600 33 4539
    Cox & Kings - 1600 22 1235
    Kerala Tourism - 1600 444 747
    Kumarakom Lake Resort - 1600 44 5030

Hotel Reservations
    GRT Grand - 1600 44 5500
    Intercontinental Hotels - 1600 111 000
    Marriott - 1600 22 0044
    Taj Holidays - 1600 111 825

The list is not exhaustive, please feel free to add anything else.

Tanmaya, Gabydi and Steve Dawson like this.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When looking at the list I think people will be surprised at the top one, the emergency services numbers as I think in most countries people would just be used to dialing the one number for requesting any of those services.

3. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

A fantastic list of information that would have helped me enormously the first time I went to India. Many thanks, I will take that to add to my list.

I would be greatly interested if there are any general tourist helplines or organisations who can offer advice to tourists about travel and hotel arrangements throughout the country. If anyone has any numbers for that sort of organisation, could they share them please ?

4. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

Well this is a good list and it was very clever of you to share this with us. I think that sometimes we think of everything and forget the most important things – these numbers – we have to be prepared for everything so we can have the best vacations ever.

As always your posts are very helpful, so appreciate my friend!

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

This is perfect. It's one of those things that sometimes I neglect to think of until I need it (which is dangerous and kind of silly, I know!) so this is a great resource. Honestly, I think I would just print it out and keep a copy in my passport and in my suitcase. I keep my passport on me at all times when I travel, so it would just give me some peace of mind to know that I would have a contact number for whatever urgent situation I might be facing when traveling.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think people don't prepare enough and carry numbers like these around because they don't want to think about something going wrong.

A lot of the time you won't need the numbers of the emergency services or your countries local embassy but it's always better to have them and not need them than find yourself in a position were you do need them and not have them.

7. nemanjanp

nemanjanp New Member

Seriously, you wouldn't belive how many stories there are out there about people needing this numbers but not having them and then getting into some real trouble.

Everyone all over the world, should always have all the important numbers written in his phone, or possibly in his head. Especially if you are traveling to a foreign country like India. This is a worldwide problem that should somehow get resolved.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Another suggestion would be to keep a copy of the numbers in their wallet or purse? You very rarely go anywhere without taking that with you so that's another option just in case you don't want to keep them in your phone?

9. nemanjanp

nemanjanp New Member

Also you could probably look if there are any apps out there that have all the phone numbers you need, so you don't have to get your contacts messy with so much different numbers. But still, it's always the best option to have the most important ones like police, ambulance and firefighters to keep on speed-dial. You never really now when you will need one, and when you do, even a second can cost someone his life. Having numbers on a piece of paper or something and keeping them in your wallet is not a bad idea, but I just simply think that you should be more prepared in case any of those type of situations come up.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Keeping the numbers in your phone or on an app is a good idea, I'm just thinking about network coverage and if there's any time that you can't use your phone the numbers can be backed up in your wallet or purse in a paper format.

Either way, we agree that having access to these numbers is important when travelling and no matter where you keep them, they could turn out to be invaluable.

11. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I usually just save things in the notes section of my iPhone, that way even if I don't have an internet connection I can still access that information with no worries!

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Ok then...What if your battery dies? Haha...seriously though, like I said, keeping the numbers in your phone is good idea but I'd also prefer to have a hard copy on me aswell just in case you did lose your phone or something happened to it.

13. vegito12

vegito12 Member

I think when it comes to travelling it is easy to forget the small details as we may think about the big things and not pay attention to these sorts of things and having these numbers even written down, will be useful if you need assistance and can use it if needed. It is important to keep these numbers in a safe place as the phone could lose battery power, especially if you are in an area where there is no charging source and the police number is useful if something goes wrong or need assistance. These numbers could save people the stress they go through when they are needing help, and hope people do note the numbers down so that they will not be searching the numbers when they are in the country.

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

A big part of travelling is being prepared for all situations, and these numbers will go a long way in helping towards that.

Going to a country with the numbers will be a lot easier than trying to find them out when your actually already over there.