Top 10 States With Most Number Of Foreign Visitors

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by travelguide, Sep 20, 2015.

1. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

I think it would be interesting to know the top 10 States of India where most number of foreign tourists visited. Lets have a look :

1) Maharashtra - Mumbai, Pune and Aurangabad remained to be the most attractive places for foreign tourists of which Aurangabad was declared as the Tourism Capital of the State. Mumbai contributes 24.7% of total foreign tourists to India.
    2)Tamil Nadu - Center of spiritual places, counts 17.3% of total share of the country
    3)Delhi - National capital of India is with 11.1%. Delhi is famous for many historical places.
    4)Uttar Pradesh - 9.7% contribution in total share. Main attraction is Taj Mahal in Agra.
    5) Rajasthan - 6.9%, Rajasthan is a home for many beautiful royal palaces.
    6)West Bengal - 6.2%, Kolkatta in West Bengal was the capital of British India
    7)Bihar - 5%, you can find large number of archaeological sites in Bihar
    8)Kerala - 3.8%, famous for its backwaters and ayurvedic centers
    9)Karnataka - 2.9%, filled with a lot of beautiful and historical places to visit
    10)Himachal Pradesh - 2.5%, surrounded by beautiful hills and natural places.

moondebi, ChaiNashta and Chahal like this.

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

I wonder what people go to Aurangabad for. I have never been there and I have never really thought of Aurangabad as a destination of tourist interest.

Mumbai probably gets a lot of business travelers and people connected to film industry which is the reason for Mumbai to feature in that list.

travelguide likes this.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'd also think that a lot of foreign travellers to Mumbai would be going there on business rather than as a holiday destination.

While I'm not saying there aren't beautiful places around the area, I think for a holiday people would choose other parts of India first.

4. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

I too think so. Mumbai being the commercial and film capital of India has got all chance of getting more foreign visitors there. But at the same time Mumbai is a city with very old history and has many sites of tourist interest to her credit. The city is becoming a formidable art, style, culinary and design destination. I think Mumbai will hold the first position in years to come also.

5. moondebi

moondebi New Member

There are a lot of reasons for the people to visit to Aurangabab.

Any person, who is a travel freak, must have heard the name of Ajanta and Ellora caves situated in Aurangabad district. They will definitely find a place in top ten tourist destinations of India.

Apart from them, there are several other places which have the potential to attract the visitors.

Biwi ka Maqbara (mini Taj Mahal ), Jyotirlinga Temple, Bhadra Maruti, Jain Temple, Jayakbadi Dam, Charapati Shivaji Museum, and many such places are there in Aurangabad. So, it is obvious for any tourist to include that place on his travel route.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

As India becomes more and more popular as a tourist destination, are people slightly concerned that India may start to lose some of its charm?

Looking at the list, even the least popular regions on there will have seen a dramatic increase in tourism and while that might be beneficial on the money aspect, I'm not sure it's good thing in general.