What Was Your Favorite Part Of Visiting India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TravelCheap3, Dec 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TravelCheap3

TravelCheap3 Member

For me personally it was the cuisine. So unique, lots of flavor and very different. It was interesting and delicious! What about you?

2. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana New Member

I can't attest to my favorite aspects of visiting India, as I have not had the pleasure of traveling to India yet. I can, however, tell you what I'm looking forward to the most: seeing India with my own two eyes. I can't wait to be there, and I'm sure the food is awesome, too.

PrincessTigerLily likes this.

3. Linda Nyabundi

Linda Nyabundi New Member

The cuisine is definitely one great part of visiting India. Indians put so much soul and effort into their foods and the end-product is unbelievable. I loved the spices and the chilies. There were also a wide range of dishes to choose from. However, my best part about visiting India was the culture. From their dressing to their beliefs to their foods and their religion, Indians are truly traditional and they adore their culture. The fact that they integrate visitors into their culture and make them feel as part of it without struggling is another plus for me. I did enjoy every bit of the Indian culture, though different from my own an from the that of the west, the culture was new and exciting to me and i loved every part of it.

4. Normad

Normad New Member

The food! Always the food. The flavors, the spices, the colors, the spices... Oh so delicious. When I got home after our trip our food started to taste kind of bland and I decided to take cooking lessons just so I could learn to create certain dishes that really got me hooked. Of course my food is nowhere near the same as the food we had in India.

5. I haven't been yet either, but I too would guess I'm going to really enjoy the food. However, for me the best part of visiting any foreign country is usually just being completely removed from everything I know. This creates a sense of astonishment in me and I feel almost like I am living on another plane of existence for the entire time. Then I come home and things at home seem odd for a while too while I'm still floating on that "high," if you will, of astonishment. This is what really compels me to travel: I step outside of myself.