When Can Stranded People Return Back Home During COVID-19?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Akshina, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Akshina

Akshina New Member

Hi all, I hope you are all safe!

During this lockdown period, I am currently stuck in Mumbai and need and want to go back home to Pune. I know we are in lockdown and that we are not allowed to travel as there is no public transport, but are there any exceptions for those who travel in their own vehicle?

Its a 3 and half hour drive in my own vehicle. Where would I need to ask for permission for this?

It's coming to near enough 1 month now I have been stuck away from home, with a limited amount of clothes and obviously not easily being able to get food or even be able to cook!

2. Karan

Karan Member

Sorry to say but there is no exception for people stranded away from their homes. Like you there are many others who are not at home with their family and if they allow one person to go then it would mean that everyone stranded from their homes would be allowed movement throughout the country, which would cause more problems, crowds, and chaos.

Truck drivers, businessmen, office workers on company trips, doctors traveling outside of the state, and many others are all stuck. So we just have to be a bit patient and not long left until 3rd May, which I hope would be the last day of lockdown.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Lockdown will not be lifted on 3rd of May unfortunately as it has been extended by another 14 days starting 4th of May. Some restrictions have been lifted in areas where there are no cases but crossing state borders is still prohibited.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Its the 17th of May and lockdown has been extended until the month end so no hope of lakhs of people returning home yet.