Where To Find Groups?

Discussion in 'Travel Partners' started by Barty, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barty

Barty New Member

Is it possible to find others who are interested in touring India as a group? Where would one look for groups? I think it might be easier to travel that way, especially if you've never been and are afraid of going alone.

2. Startlet245

Startlet245 New Member

Hello Barry. I agree with you completely, but unless you join an organised tour I don't know how easy it would be to find a collection of random people to travel with. To be honest that sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen anyhow. Unless you can be completely sure of no dramas/arguments over the days activities or that these people will have your back if needed I'd be wary.

3. Indyra

Indyra Member

I think I would just as soon sign up for an organized tour rather than to try to find a travel partner. After all, these travelers are also happy to have partners along, as they are mostly new to a country, as well.

4. Sammie

Sammie Member

A tour would be the way to go if you like to travel with people. There are travel companies that have quite a few different tours where you will be traveling with people who want to see the same things. This way someone starts to annoy you can always tag along with someone else.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I think it probably depends on your age group. I know people who have done organized tours such as Contiki tours in other places (Europe, USA) but they are from 18-35 year olds I believe, and I don't know that they do anything in India. Honestly I would just search online for something like "organized tour groups in India" and see what you can find! :)

6. Vnisha

Vnisha New Member

I think you should sign up to some platform where you can find other travelers or groups. You can make a group on Facebook also. Nothing is wrong with you. If I have to go some other country, I would love to go with some friend or in a group.
    But seriously whenever you come to India with group or even alone, Indian people and Indian police is in your service, to help you. One thing remember, where you are going to stay, it should be clear with your family and nearest police station.
    Once In a Lifetime, you should definitely come to India.. This is a beautiful country.

7. Indyra

Indyra Member

If you can't see the age groups of fellow travelers when signing up for a group, it's probably not a good idea. However, you don't really find too many people who are too old that want to take a trip of this sort, so it might not be so bad.

8. TravelCheap3

TravelCheap3 Member

When I was in India, I went on sightseeing traveling groups through their nature and city. It was a great experience, you just have to find them. Start with a search online.

9. Aidan

Aidan New Member

I think that even if you join an organized tour, chances are you won't enjoy it as much because you don't know the people that well. I would rather have a group of friends and travel together.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Member

That is an easy one - a travel agent. A lot of people think that they are outdated for some reason and they could not be more wrong. They are just mostly online now, but they serve the same function. I booked a trip through one and it went perfectly and I avoided so many headaches that I have had in the past, and they offered a bunch of things like group activities and packages.

11. iseeyou

iseeyou New Member

All i know is that you can't trust random people online, claiming they are looking for travel buddies, that's a major red flag and should be avoided. I know there are actually genuine posters online who's looking for travel companions but it's hard to trust anyone online nowadays. Who knows if you're engaging with a serial killer and whatnot. You can always travel alone and meet people along the way. I've experience that and it's totally harmless.

12. oportosanto

oportosanto New Member

There are quite a few ways to find groups to travel with. One it's simply to go to a travel agency and ask for group trips so we will be automatically inserted in a group in that way. Another way is to look for informal groups in FB or another sites. Right here on our community for example, why not, most likely we would find great people to travel with.

13. Danny Luke

Danny Luke Member

It's actually quite easy to find traveling groups that are visiting India. There are tons of these groups on Facebook alone. All you need to do is take the time to search and look for them. If you are going to India through a travelling agency or a tour package, you will likely be flying to the country in the company of several other travellers.

14. Linda Nyabundi

Linda Nyabundi New Member

You can easily find travel groups online. There are many travel forums specific to a certain location where you can find people who want to travel to a specific place and you can join them. The best place to find travel groups according to me is through tours and travel companies. These companies usually offer group travels which are heavily discounted and well organized. You can find travel groups to a specif location through these travel companies. You can start asking your local tours and travel companies and if you cant find anything substantial then there are bunch of other tours and travel companies online that organize group travels anywhere and serve anyone from any part of the world. All the best searching for a travel group to India and i hope you find an interesting group.

15. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana New Member

I think a travel agent is best suited to point you in the proper direction if you are wanting to do group travel. They would have more information on local groups who are planning travel. Clubs, church groups, or students may use a travel agent's services, and it wouldn't be an online meetup at least.

16. EdmondE

EdmondE New Member

Traveling in a large group, which makes things vastly more affordable, and can lead to some great new friendships, seems to be sadly mostly the domain of youth. High school travel clubs use this as their model, and fund raise for a year or more to get enough money together to go on these trips. Someone should use this strategy to organize groups of older travelers who might be able to afford the cost otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.