Which is better Bhutan or Sikkim?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by AryaMalik2, Jun 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AryaMalik2

AryaMalik2 New Member

I need some help in deciding whether to visit Bhutan or Sikkim. I would love to see both of these destinations but I only have enough holidays to visit one destination.

I would like to know from members which is better Bhutan or Sikkim?

If I go to Bhutan what would be the requirements for an Indian national?

2. TiaraSy

TiaraSy New Member

Well, from what I know Bhutan and Sikkim are both wonderful destinations with a lot to offer, but given a choice, I would choose Bhutan. There are lots of monasteries and forts in Bhutan and you could explore these and if you're into trekking, there are the himalayas and lots of spectacular landscapes that will excite you. Also, there are excellent roads and the internet and telephone connectivity is good, from what I read.

3. pravish

pravish Member

If it was me, I would choose Sikkim. Sikkim is a part of India and Bhutan is an independent monarchy where the people have great loyalty toward their King Jigme Caesar Namgyel. Both Sikkim and Bhutan have a lot of the Monasteries. The ministry of tourism in Bhutan charges you 200 US dollars for each night you spend in Bhutan as tourist fee which I personally think is not worth paying. So if you make all these calculations, Sikkim wins any day when compared to Bhutan.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Not applicable for Indian citizens.

pravish likes this.
  5. Kajal Mishra

Kajal Mishra New Member

Hi
    I have traveled to Sikkim in March 2016 and never been to Bhutan. From what I have heard to what I have experienced so far, is both the destinations exhibit the best scenic beauty. I recommend you to visit Sikkim since for Bhutan there are some tourism formalities that one has to do and for Sikkim, you can travel easily without any obstructions!
    Enjoy!